Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Change of Plans

Well, it seems like it has happened again... a change of plans. Maybe not yet, but there seems to be a change coming.

For the past year and a half, I have lived in Texas, which has been fine. Recently though (probably the last six months), I have had a desire to move home to NJ. This desire was augmented with my visit home this past week. So, I applied at a local Barnes and Noble with the idea of transferring. I interviewed today, and it seemed to go well. Your prayers that God's will would be done would be appreciated. Should I get the position, I would be moving back roughly a month from date of hire.

With that said, I head back to TX today, through the snow and ice from Newark airport. Hopefully that goes well.

It will be hard to leave TX, but I think the right thing to do. I will miss friends who have, in a sense, become family. However, I think I need to move. I need more accountability and fellowship than I have been getting in TX. Part of that is due to the fact that I currently have to work Sundays. Not good. I need a better support system.

The past year and a half has been a time of growth and a time of stretching. My limits have been tested. It has been hard living 1,000+ miles away from family. I have however made friends I hope will remain friends for life. They have been a continual blessing to me.

I have by no means made a decision yet. I would need to get hired in NJ first. I am hoping to move home, but again, I am waiting on the Lord. His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment