Well, I did it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting something to change. So, I finally made a change.
I was under so much stress the last two weeks that I had 4 meltdowns. At least two of these were at work. By meltdown, I mean I was upset, crying, and really just at the end of my rope. Not great for work. On Wednesday, I showed up to work in tears. I had had a migraine for two days, due to stress, and I had had to work a turnaround shift which is one shift till 11pm and then a shift at 8am the next morning. Needless to say, I was exhausted. The assistant store manager let me go home, but we had a serious discussion over whether or not I would be able to step into the Cafe manager's shoes when she went on maternity leave. After a day of counsel and thinking and prayer, I decided. No. So, I am no longer functioning in the Cafe Lead position. It feels GREAT. I didn't realize how much stress I was under until it was lifted. I still have a job there, but I won't be responsible for nearly as much.
With that said, I move into a new place this week. I have come almost full circle in a year. I'm moving back into my pastor's son's rental house. It should be good. It's going to be a busy week. I move on Wednesday and Thursday. Prayers that everything goes smoothly would be appreciated.
Also, I need to find a new job. I need to be making $10 an hour. At least. Please pray that one of the numerous jobs I have applied for will come through.
Well, it's time to get ready for church. I'll catch you later. :)
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment