I'm not feeling too sure of myself tonight. A few minutes ago, I realized the hymn towards the end of this post was playing through my head. What a a blessing.
A little background. I get migraines. Actually, I pretty much usually have a headache, they just get worse on a cyclical basis. Today, I had a really bad one. I could feel it behind my right eye all day long. At one point the pain went down my neck into my back. Anyway, I called my boss to try to get a reprieve. I was just hoping for some time for the medication to kick in. She said no. So, I went in. A note: florescent lights make migraines worse. As soon as I got to work, my already bad headache got more severe. Incapacitating is a better word. I was literally immobilized. It was bad. I couldn't formulate sentences. My head hurt so badly I was crying. The kicker? While I was in the break room trying to recuperate, my coworkers told the managers I was in bad shape and probably (definitely) needed to go home. They said I couldn't. Honestly, I almost walked out. Don't worry, I didn't, but it may not matter too much. I eventually left, but I am also pretty convinced they are going to fire me, because it's probably the second or third time I've had to leave because of a migraine. It's the nature of the beast called "corporation."
So, if you would, pray for me. First that I don't get fired for something completely outside of my control. Secondarily, that God would provide all my needs whether or not they fire me. (My mom thinks I might need to have an MRI. They are expensive.)
Note: my headache is now tolerable due to painkillers, rest, and caffeine (which apparently does something to the blood vessels that helps).It was such a comfort to realize especially the last verse of this hymn.
Thanks for your prayers.
Words: Fanny Crosby
Music: Pheobe P. Knapp
Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Refrain
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Refrain
No comments:
Post a Comment