At the risk of seeming like a COMPLETE flake (which by the way, I may be), I am requesting prayers for God's direction in the following possibilities.
I have an interview on Monday with the local junior college for a position in their writing lab. Please pray that I would get this position. I need it financially.
I am considering moving home to NJ. Please pray that if this is God's will, He would make it clear. I have applied for a job in a college library in NJ. If I get it, that may clarify God's will some. :)
While I tentatively decided to pursue teaching, I have put this on hold. It is not clear this is what God would have for me.
I am seeking my Savior's face. Fortunately, He has promised never to leave me or forsake me. Praise be to Him. I twist and turn so much, I'm sometimes not sure which way is up. Prayers that this "squirming" would stop would be appreciated. I want desperately what He wants. Pray that this would be clear.
Well, now you have a lot to pray for. Let me know how I can pray for you. :)
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for posting this update! I had been wondering where things stood and if anything had changed in the last week.
ReplyDeleteI'll pray the the Lord will help you make the best decision and that once you make it, you won't look back and second-guess yourself.
(now the last time I trie to post this comment, something funky happened and it didn't post. so if for some reason it suddenly posts twice, you'll know it was because something crazy happened in cyberspace.) :)
Susan, Icompletely understand your struggle. I had all the same angst after graduating from college, and when I re-enter the job market someday I am sure I will have it all again. Listen to your instincts and the small still voice of God. Try to ignore your fears. Follow your heart!
ReplyDeleteI read an article the other day that said if you are trying to discover a passion in order to find a new career, you should keep a daily log of all your activities, experiences, reading etc and assign a rating of -3 to +3 to it based on how much you enjoy it or how much it excites you. After a couple of weeks a clear pattern should emerge to give you some direction! Worth a try!