Wednesday, March 18, 2009

God's Grace

Is not our God a gracious God? I'm learning more and more about His grace. Whether it be a timely rebuke or a loving friend, He is gracious to give us what we need. Both the rebuke and the friend came to me this week from the same person. First, a little background. I had prayed a while ago that God would send me a mentor. He did. Of course, I didn't realize that this lovely woman of God was acting as my mentor until well into the relationship. We have been walking together (and losing weight!) and really enjoying each others' company. She is such a blessing to me. Earlier this week, I asked her a question that led into a rather hard to hear rebuke. I'm so thankful she said something though because it was done in love and it was something I needed to hear. Yesterday, I drove this friend to the airport in Dallas, and God softened the rebuke with sweet fellowship. I will still heed the rebuke, but as He promises: a bruised reed He will not break, a smoking flax He will not quench.

I would like to ask for prayer for my friend and her family. Her son and daughter-in-law are full term with a baby that is not expected to live. My friend was traveling to spend about a month with them to help in this tragedy. Please pray that God will give peace in the midst of the storm, and that He would draw near to them in the grieving process. I would really appreciate your prayers for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment