Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rainy day...

While yesterday was hot and humid (nigh unto 80 degrees), today is rainy with a current temperature of 43. As I start my day (which happens to be a day off), I am struggling with the desire to be productive. That is, I think I want to be productive, but I don't have much to do. I suppose I could do any of 100 things, but I seem to be stymied. For example, I need to do laundry. Unfortunately, my landlord is away and I need him to get to the washer and dryer. Where do I do said laundry? I could clean (and probably will end up doing this) but surprisingly, my room is not too bad. I do want to sew. I need to make curtains, but the fabric needs to be washed. I suppose I could start on the quilt I bought stuff for a year ago, but I don't have everything I need. So, I am stymied. It doesn't help that on rainy days, I just want to relax and enjoy the calm. Perhaps I can work that in somewhere. So, I'm off. To do what, I'm not sure, but something needs to be done. :)

2 comments:

  1. Is this TWO days off in a row? :) You could always write letters or watch a movie or read a book or bake some cookies (do you have a kitchen?) or paint your nails or surf facebook or draw a picture.....

    Can you tell I don't get much time off? I have lists of things I would love to do if I had an hour to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo,

    Thanks for the suggestions! I enjoyed your enthusiasm. I ended up cleaning for a lady I know, walking, and going to church. Yesterday was a GREAT day. Today on the other hand....

    HA!

    Anyway, what's your address, I'd love to write?

    ReplyDelete